Gold shaft hammer

Talk about the tools you rate
Rob1202
New Boots

Gold shaft hammer

Postby Rob1202 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:41 am

Hi, bit of a wierd one.. Basically I am looking for a claw hammer that has a black handle and a transparent gold shaft, you can see 2 metal rods going through the shaft from the handle to the head. There is a picture of it somewhere online however I have lost it and can't seem to find it anywhere. I believe there is also a white handled one as well .. either a product code or any guide as to where/if I can find one. I have tried typing in everything in google but nothing comes up I can't find a picture of it anywhere, it is a old Stanley tool, a guy I work with brought his in 2000's at some point roughly 2001-2004 so obviously won't still be made now, but hopefully even any information anyone could give me will be great. I will try get a picture of it when I next see him. I am looking to buy if anyone as one or know anywhere that has one possibly a old used tool shop.
Cheers

Rob1202
New Boots

Re: Gold shaft hammer

Postby Rob1202 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:23 am

So I found a picture of the white handled hammer, if it helps.

IMG_4074.JPG
IMG_4074.JPG (25.68 KiB) Viewed 672 times

dickllewellyn
Tool Jury & Moderator

Postby dickllewellyn » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:40 am

That is a sexy hammer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Regards Richard (dick) Llewellyn

Powered by Laphroaig.

Rob1202
New Boots

Postby Rob1202 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:09 pm

dickllewellyn wrote:That is a sexy hammer!

Haha I know!!.. sorry for late reply I didn't get a notification... still had no luck, I've look d everywhere on the internet even looking at different countries eBay's and I've also contacted USA Stanley customer services and Englands Stanley customer services however no luck..

I've come to the decision to go for a different hammer, either a 16oz estwing, 18oz hultafors electrician hammer, or the 16oz dewalt 1 piece piece framing hammer which looks pretty nice. All suggestions will be greatly received.. either personal experience or overall knowledge :)

At the moment I have a sure strike 16oz framing hammer which i find a really good hammer however I'm trying to get a second tool box set up for day job and private work. Be nice to not have to lug everything from the work van to personal van (I know pretty lazy, however always helps to have spare tools) and have a lot of spare ones already just a few bits... for example I managed to pick up a makita circular saw 18v bss610 for £17, was selling as faulty as there was a burning smell, so I instantly though brushes and took a chance, turns out it is the battery contact which was burning from someone's bodge of crimping!! So managed to pick up new part off eBay for £7.05 and got crimps already, so £24.05 for same saw for my new tool kit!.. always worth to keep a eye out on gumtree.. a lot of people don't know what they have!

Sorry if iv gone on abit,
Steve :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dickllewellyn
Tool Jury & Moderator

Postby dickllewellyn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:55 pm

I don't know if Hultafors do different weights, but I'd check before you order. I'm a big fan, but mine is definitely not 18oz. I'm not sure what the weight is, but probably somewhere around 12 I would say. It's by far my favourite hammer, but no good for framing! I use a 14oz Stanley Fatmax vibration dampening hammer too which I really like https://www.stanleytools.co.uk/product/196615
Regards Richard (dick) Llewellyn